USB2.0 Camera Shield Rev.D
The USB2.0 camera shield is designed for low-cost general-purpose USB2.0 camera solution for both PC and embedded systems like Raspberry Pi, and it also can provide customized support for Odroid, Beaglebone Black, Nvidia JETSON TK/TX boards.
The highlight of the new USB2.0 camera shield is that it has onboard 8MByte hardware frame buffer, and overcome the bandwidth and dropping frames issue when using the software frame buffer scheme. In addition, with the onboard frame buffer, it supports synchronized multiple cameras taking images exactly at the same time.
There are several revisions of the USB2.0 camera shield and now the latest version is Rev.E. The following list is the comparison of the difference between revisions.
|Onboard Frame Buffer||None||8MByte||16MByte||16MByte|
- Support any parallel image sensors
- Support 8/10/12 bit pixel color depth
- Build-in IRCUT control (optional)
- Need extra MIPI to parallel adapter board for supporting MIPI interface sensors
- Support x86 PC, ARM 32/64bit, Odroid C2, Raspberry Pi hardware platforms
- Support Windows, Linux OS, ROS
- Support C/C++, Python Programming Languages
- Fully customizable and can be ported to other hardware platform and software OS
- Provide free binary SDK library and demo software source code
- Bandwidth:480Mbps USB2.0
- I/O Voltage Standard: 3.3V
- Connector: Micro-USB2.0
- Onboard Frame Buffer 16MBytes
- Size: 40 x 40 mm
- Weight: 20g
- Power Consumption: 5V/300mA
- Operation Temperature: -10℃～+55℃
Please check this chapter for the featured supported cameras of the Arducam USB2.0 camera shield.