What is C/CS-Mount Lenses
A C-Mount is a type of lens mount commonly found on CCTV cameras, machine vision cameras, and microscopes. C-mount lenses provide a male thread, which mates with a female thread on the camera. The thread is nominally 1 inch (25.4 mm) in diameter, with 32 threads per inch (0.794 mm pitch).
The flange focal distance is 17.526 millimeters (0.6900 in) for a C-Mount. CS-Mount has a flange focal distance of 12.526 millimeters (0.4931 in) but is otherwise the same as C-Mount, including the fact that lenses for many different formats are made for it.
CS-Mount lenses are generally built for the smaller formats.
CS-Mount to C Mount Adapting
Since CS-Mount is basically the same as C-Mount except for the flange focal distance, you can adapter a CS-Mount to C Mount by adding a 5mm C-CS adapter to a CS-Mount to use with C-Mount lenses.
However, it’s not possible to easily use a CS-Mount lens on C-Mount, because the back focal length won’t match.
Therefore, if you find you cannot manage to focus a CS-Mount lens, check if you leave the 5mm C-CS adapter on the thread.
CS-Mount to M12 (S-Mount) Adapting
In some circumstances, you might want to convert the C/CS-Mount to an M12 mount. There are two ways to achieve that depending on the type of the CS Mount to be adapted.
If you are using Arducam camera modules with CS-Mount, you can easily replace the CS-mount with an M12 mount by changing the lens holder.
Most of Arducam camera modules are compatible with 18mm and 20mm hole spacing, which match the majority of the lens holder’s. Here is a video showing how to do that.
The Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera, on the other hand, is not the same case. It’s lens holders – officially called the main housing – is not designed to be easily interchangeable.
Not only because the IR filter is glued to the holder, but the hole spacing is also not a standard figure.
Therefore, to adapter a CS-mount camera like this, you need an M12 to CS-Mount adapter. Here is an illustration of how that works.
C/CS-Mount to DSLR Lens Adapting
Arducam offers C Mount adapters for Canon and Nikon lenses. Therefore, the C-CS adapter is required if you are using the DSLR lenses on a CS-Mount camera.
- You’ll be Getting: EOS lens to C-mount lens adapter and C-CS mount lens adapter ring.
- You Need It: This bundle allows you to mount your Canon EF and EF-S lens onto the Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera and other C/CS mount camera..
- Multifunction: Support focus to infinity, full manual control, manual focus, aperture priority, and manual exposure with the …
- You’ll be Getting: F-mount to C-mount lens adapter and C-CS mount lens adapter ring.
- You Need It: This bundle allows you to mount your Nikon F-Mount lens onto the Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera.
- Multifunction: Support focus to infinity, full manual control, manual focus, aperture priority, and manual exposure with the fuselage..
- Exquisite Workmanship: Precise design and process, provides …
Further Reading: C/CS Mount Lenses on the High Quality IMX477
C/CS Mount Lenses on the High Quality IMX477](https://www.arducam.com/raspberry-pi-high-quality-camera-c-cs-mount-lens/)
Further Reading: Using C/CS mount lenses on the Raspberry Pi High Quality Camera
Posted: June 18, 2020
The HQ camera with C/CS-Mount is a big step forward Lens is a crucial part in a camera system that needs flexibility. A single lens cannot meet all needs because the use case varies from Read more…
C/CS Lens Kit
LK004 CS Lens Kit
Come in 5 different FOV (Field of View), Horizontal FOV ranging from 14 to 65 degrees on 12MP Rpi HQ camera
|FOV (H) on 1/2.3” Cam||14° (H)||24° (H)||30° (H)||50° (H)||65° (H)|
|Lens Mount||CS mount||CS mount||CS mount||CS mount||CS mount|