Troubleshooting – Arducam ToF Camera
Thank you for trying our latest product, the Time of Flight (ToF) camera.
Arducam puts quality first as this is how we deliver added value to you, users. Apart from the solid implementation of Total Quality Management (TQM) and carrying out ISO 9001 throughout the whole producing process both in-house and compliant subcontracting, every single camera has to pass the inline and final inspection before getting a qualification release.
Failure to successfully use a camera, however, still might happen. Besides possible product defects, there are many other influential factors, including but not limited to transportation damage, negative environmental conditions, improper ways of use, etc.
If your Arducam ToF camera does not work as described, it is highly recommended, for a very likely obtained time-saving, that you go through this checklist before reaching out to our support team.
- Before connecting, you should always power your Raspberry Pi or NVIDIA Jetson off and remove the power supply first.
- Make sure a recommended OS version is used for your Raspberry Pi or NVIDIA Jetson. (Pls refer to their respective docs)
- Make sure the cable on the camera board is locked in place.
- Make sure the cable is correctly inserted in the connector.
- Avoid high temperatures.
- Avoid water, moisture, or conductive surfaces while in operation.
- Avoid folding, or straining the flex cable.
- Avoid cross-threading with tripods.
- Gently push/pull the connector to avoid damaging the printed circuit board.
- Avoid moving or handling the printed circuit board excessively while it’s in operation.
- Handle by the edges to avoid damage from electrostatic discharge.
- Where the camera board is stored should be cool and as dry as possible.
- Sudden temperature/humidity changes may cause dampness in the lens and affect the image/video quality.
Troubleshooting (continuously updating)
If the camera does not work properly, please first run the following commands to do a general check. Then, please feedback us the respective return value on your screen, so that our support team can recognise the issue much quicker.
FYI. The correct return value should be
If you encounter one or some of the following listed issues, please try our respective suggestions. And do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if the issue still exists.
A Group of abnormal performance (incl. but not limited to)
- Wrong depth data
- Point cloud failure
Please update SDK (Software Development Kit) to the latest version 0.0.7 by running the commands below.
Examples of symptoms
Wrong depth data.
How do I change modes btw 2m and 4m?
Please run the below commands.
SSH way leads the compilation failure
If you are using the SSH way to connect to your Raspberry Pi and facing the error like the screenshot below. You need to run the command 'export DISPLAY=:0' in the terminal first. Or you need to connect your Raspberry pi with a monitor instead of ssh way.
More suggestions are to be continuously updated.
The Arducam Team